It is a custom for designers to visit Tucson each year to buy gemstones, beads and jewelry. This coming year marks the fifteenth season of TO BEAD TRUE BLUE –the grande dame of bead shows. Beginning on January 27, 2018 it will be joined together with COLORS OF THE STONE, a new gem show promoting the finest gemcutters, mineral dealers, and jewelry designers who are at the top of their trade.
- TO BEAD TRUE BLUE is celebrated for exhibiting the finest bead artisans and tradespeople
- COLORS OF THE STONE will continue to focus on the most dramatic and intense products
TO BEAD TRUE BLUE has grown exponentially –and the combined shows will continue to make inroads in the gemstone, mineral, bead and jewelry market. The focus will continue to be on art and craft –each artisan and exhibitor will be chosen by invitation and juried application.
- January 27 through February 3, 2018, 8 full days Saturday through Saturday –10am to 6pm
- No admission charge, open to the public; free unlimited GEM Show Parking; wholesale & retail
COLORS OF THE STONE / TO BEAD TRUE BLUE will host 1000 artisan booths and merchant displays and hands-on workshops. The artisans employ handmade skills and techniques –some passed down many generations. The merchants offers tradition-inspired products of excellent quality and one-of-a-kind, works of art. The workshops give attendees the chance to learn a handcraft.
- 75,000 ft2 of exhibit space with 1000 exhibits of gemstone, minerals, beads, and jewelry
- 500 hands-on art and craft workshops offered every day, from 8am to 9pm
The combined shows will be held in one beautiful location, at the Casino Del Sol, a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel and Convention Center. Nestled in the sun-filled Sonoran Desert just south of Tucson, Arizona, it is the ultimate retreat surrounded by a colorful desert garden of desert stone, palo verdes, saguaro and mesquite –and yet only minutes from Tucson International Airport and downtown Tucson.
- Casino Del Sol Resort, 5655 W Valencia Rd, Tucson, AZ 85757 (no better place to unwind)
- Complimentary shuttles from downtown and all the major Gem Show parking hubs
The resort also has eleven award-winning restaurants, bars and elegant lounges, a world-class spa, and a renowned and beautiful amphitheater. Casino Del Sol service, like its decorative style, is intertwined to embrace the ancient hospitality of the desert, offering you the best of old and new.
- 25% discount at resort restaurants to attendees of COLORS OF THE STONE / TO BEAD TRUE BLUE
- Rooms start at $189 per night. Book a room online at Beadagio Gem Show (Offer Code GEM)
This is an opportunity to shop for handmade gemstones, beads and jewelry products and buy them directly from the artisans and tradespeople who make them –at excellent prices. The product list is vast and incudes unusual items, such as original lampwork beads, hand-cut gemstones, upcycled clothing, felted hats, artwear, hand-dyed silks, raku beads, painted linen, hand tooled leather, and eco-dyed & upcycled clothing.